Member Services Teller- Tupper Lake
Adirondack Regional FCU operates three locations throughout our geography of Franklin, Clinton, Essex, and St. Lawrence Counties. The Member Services Teller professionally and competently handles members’ financial transactions within the branch setting and over the phone. Additionally, the Member Services Teller will inform members of promotions and additional products and services that may assist them with their financial needs.
- Meet and greet members and visitors in a professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Respond to member requests, problems, and complaints either in-person, by phone, or email, and direct them to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Open new accounts, both consumer and business.
- Promote products and services of Adirondack Regional FCU.
- Assist members in balancing their accounts and setting up direct deposit.
- Open Certificate of Deposits and Individual Retirement Accounts.
- Accurately maintain a cash drawer and follow proper balancing and reconciling procedures.
- Comply with all operational controls, and regulatory procedures to minimize risk and protect the financial well-being of our members.
- Ensure documents that are required to be maintained are scanned to the document storage system and clearly legible.
- Ensure the areas where members frequent are neat and clean. Vacuum and dust as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned and possibility of occasional travel to other branches.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Detail orientated and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask effectively.
- Proficient in computer applications.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a financial institution or cash handling a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay Range: $14.50+/hour depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance plans, health savings account, 401(k) retirement, and employee assistance program.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Work schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Two Saturday training sessions annually.
To apply for this position, please fill out the form on our employment page. Thank you!