Every year, Adirondack Regional Federal Credit Union awards 10 scholarships—$6,000 in all—to college-bound high school seniors from Clinton, Essex, Franklin, and St. Lawrence counties.
The Donald DeVirgeles Memorial Scholarships, named for a former board member and president of Adirondack Regional FCU, recognizes students who have demonstrated academic success, financial need, and community or extracurricular involvement. Two students receive $1,000 scholarships, while eight more receive $500 each.
“Adirondack Regional is thrilled to make the path to college a little easier for these 10 students,” said Russ Cronin, the credit union’s CEO. “We were so impressed by the quality of the applications we receive, which speaks volumes for the quality of education offered by our North Country communities.”
2022 Scholarship Winners
In 2022, a record 142 students applied for the Donald DeVirgeles Memorial Scholarships. Of the 10 recipients, seven came from Clinton County, two from Saint Lawrence County, and one from Franklin County.
- Jenna Stanley, Ausable Valley High School ($1,000)
- Elisabeth Prairie, Northeastern Clinton Central School ($1,000)
- Madalyn Fuller, Plattsburgh High School ($500)
- Sophia Brown, Massena Central High School ($500)
- Eli Douglas, AuSable Valley High School ($500)
- Benjamin Welch, Beekmantown High School ($500)
- Rhett Ashley, Norwood-Norfolk Central School ($500)
- Dawson Miletich, Franklin Academy High School ($500)
- Rhyann King, Plattsburgh High School ($500)
- Molly Lynch, Saranac High School ($500)
2021 Scholarship Winners:
- Madeline Brown, Massena Central High School.
- Jay Christopher-Gagnon, Tupper Lake High School.
- Emma Crowningshield, Ausable Valley High School.
- Haley Dennis, Tupper Lake High School.
- Lauren Duchscherer, Massena Central High School.
- Jamie Everritt, Saranac Lake High School.
- Angelena Fay, Saranac High School.
- Bryn Reynolds, Peru Central High School.
- Samantha Rose Higgins, Tupper Lake High School.
- David Scovil II, Norwood-Norfolk Central High School.