Since many businesses rely on commercial vehicles to keep their business operational, it becomes imperative to ensure that getting a commercial truck loan is fast and easy when the time comes. Whether you are just starting a new business and need a commercial truck loan, looking to expand your fleet of vehicles, or need to replace aging trucks, Adirondack Regional Federal Credit Union can help.
What is Considered a Commercial Truck?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, a commercial truck is defined as:
- Any motor vehicle that is self-propelled or towed and may be used on a highway to transport passengers or products between state lines.
- Has a total weight, including cargo and passengers, which is 10,001lbs or more.
- Is designed to transport 8 or more people (including the driver) for compensation.
- Is designed to transport 15 or more people (including the driver) for no compensation.
- Is used for transporting hazardous materials as defined by the Secretary of Transportation.
This definition would encompass semi-trucks, dump trucks, buses, transport vans, tow trucks, and other large vehicles used for commercial purposes. If you are in question whether the vehicle you are considering would be defined as a commercial truck, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Can I Get a Commercial Truck Loan for a Used Vehicle?
Yes! At Adirondack Regional FCU, we will work directly with your business for either new or used commercial truck loans. We understand that your business vehicle is an imperative part of your business' success, and we will do whatever we can to help get you back on the road to help your customers.
How Do I Apply for a Commercial Truck Loan?
- Simply stop into one of our branches in Tupper Lake, Plattsburgh, or Potsdam to talk with an expert loan officer.
- Find out if you are approved.
Once your application is submitted, you will usually hear if you are approved within 24 hours. And, because we are locally owned, the person that handles your business loan paperwork is the same person that will determine if you'll be driving off the lot in your new (or used) commercial truck. Even better, if we are your primary banking institution, you'll save an additional 0.25%!
Note: The ability to apply for a commercial truck loan online is not available. Please visit your local branch to get started.